- Beginning date: Immediately
- Studies: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience in a related field
- Position type: Permanent full time
- Salary: According to experience
- Workplace : Montreal
As part of our Analytics and Big Data consulting team, the incumbent will ensure a multidisciplinary role.
HE SPLUNK SPECIALIST WILL BE CALLED UPON TO CARRY OUT THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Conduct client mandates or work at the C5K Splunk Solution Center;
- Use previous experiences as leverage, share best practices and create innovative solutions by encouraging adoption among Splunk users to maximize platform use;
- Participate in the creation of a C5K team to exploit all the possibilities of Splunk;
- Participate in the definition of C5K services.
More specifically, to be able to:
- Search, collect and index data in real time on all machine data, regardless of source, format or origin with the Splunk language;
- Establish correlations from collected data to monitor the most relevant events;
- Create customized dashboards and visualizations for different types of users (technician or manager) throughout the enterprise;
- Produce customized reports in PDF format or export results for flexibility;
- Use dashboards to continuously monitor events, conditions or KPIs: set alerts to report critical conditions; automatically trigger custom actions; preserve machine data security: secure data handling, access control, traceability, data integrity assurance and integration with enterprise SSO solutions;
- Contribute to the strategic directions of the practice by participating in seminars and suggesting new technologies or trends.
- 1 year of technical experience using the Splunk platform;
- Intermediate French level (Speaking/Writing);
- 3 years of experience in the field of Big Data;
- Experience with Syslog, Syslog-ng or Rsyslog;
- Experience working with large unfiltered data sets;
- Using Splunk to query and analyze data from a variety of sources: network, system logs, databases, security;
- Experience with Unix and Windows OS: command line;
- Programming experience: scripting language, object-oriented or web-based application development and analytical tools;
- Strong ability to analyze complex problems for business solutions for clients;
- Exemplary development of competencies, addition and maintenance of certifications required for the position;
- Statistical and analytical modeling
- Experience in deliveries in Agile mode
- Knowledge of schemas such as XML
- Knowledge of BizTalk
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Be well organized by demonstrating an effective sense of urgency and strong leadership in pursuing competing priorities;
- Ability to quickly understand major business functions / applications;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (technical language and business);
- Ability to work as a team.
The masculine is used in order to lighten the text.
if you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Your request will be treated confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in C5 Knowledge.